Class action instituted by Roseline Boudreau against 2M Ressources Inc.
Notice to members involved in the class action undertaken by Roseline Boudreau against 2M Resources Inc., 9107-3957 Québec Inc. and 4502175 Canada Inc. (2M Transit)
The present notice is addressed to individuals including minors residing or having resided in the Saint-Gérard district of the City of Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu on the following streets as of September 3, 2016:
- Maisonneuve Street between Normandie East and Dorchester;
- St-Laurent Street between Normandie East and Dorchester;
- Monseigneur-Laval Street;
- Georges-Phaneuf Street between Raymond and Dorchester;
- Lebeau Street between Raymond and Dorchester;
- Baldwin Street;
- Jean-de-Brébeuf Street:
- Latour Street between Normandie and Curé-Lamarche;
- Pierce Street;
- Raymond Street;
- Lévis Street;
- Dieppe Street;
- St-Michel Street between Normandie and Lalemant;
- Boul. Normandie East between St-Michel and Maisonneuve;
- Dorchester Street between St-Michel and Maisonneuve;
- Curé-Lamarche Street;
- Morais Street (formerly St-Denis);
- St-Hubert Street between Curé-Lamarche and Morais (formerly St- Denis);
- Bellefleur Street from Dorchester up until the residential addresses 344 and 347 of said street;
- Maisonneuve Street between Industriel and Normandie;
- Boul. Normandie West between St-Michel and Maisonneuve;
- St-Laurent Street between Industriel and Normandie;
- Jourdenais Street;
- De la Rochelle Street;
- Bisaillon Street;
- Gaudette Street;
- Arpin Street;
- D’Auteuil Street between Maisonneuve and de la Larochelle;
- Boul. Industriel East between Gaudette and Bourgeois;
If you are one of the aforementioned persons, you are automatically included as a member of the class action without any formality on your part.
In order to opt out of the class action, a member must notify the Clerk of the Superior Court by sending the form attached to the present notice no later than the 60th day after publication of this notice.
Summary of the Action
On February 22, 2021, a resident of Lévis Street in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Ms. Roseline Boudreau, was authorized by the Superior Court to institute a class action for and on behalf of the residents of the two zones described hereinabove in the Saint-Gérard district, due to the nauseating odours, the presence of dust and the excessive noise that she alleges she has been subjected to as a result of the operations of the recycling center operated by 2M Ressources Inc.
The class action was filed on May 20, 2021.
The principal conclusions of the action are as follows:
- that the Court orders 2M Ressources Inc., 9107-3957 Québec Inc. and 4502175 Canada Inc. (2M Transit) to take the appropriate measures to put an end to the abnormal inconveniences for the neighbourhood caused by the operation of the recycling center;
- obtain compensation in the amount of $5 000 per year per class member for Zone 1 residents from September 3, 2016 until judgment is rendered by the Court;
- obtain compensation in the amount of $3 000 per year per class member for Zone 2 residents from September 3, 2016 until judgment is rendered by the Court;
In the event of any inconsistency between the present Notice and the authorization judgment shall prevail.
A member has the right to apply to intervene in the class action.
A member who is not a representative nor an intervenor may not be called upon to pay the legal costs of the class action.
Ms. Roseline Boudreau and the members of the group are represented by the firm BARRETTE & ASSOCIÉS AVOCATS INC. (Mtre Vincent Kaltenback).
In order to learn more, please refer to the following:
- The authorization judgment rendered by the Superior Court on February 22, 2021;
- The class action;
- The notice of exclusion;
at Registre des actions collectives de la Cour supérieure du Québec : www.registredesactionscollectives.quebec
at www. sjsr.ca (in French only)
You may also contact:
Ms Roseline Boudreau
Tel.: 450 349-5393
455, Lévis St.
Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu (Québec) J3B 4X6
BARRETTE & ASSOCIÉS AVOCATS INC.
Mtre Vincent Kaltenback
Tel.: 514 637-5568, ext. 215
3380, Notre-Dame St.
Montréal (Québec) H8T 1W7